The Material Coordinator will perform various manual and mechanical duties to ship and receive materials at main company facility. Duties include: operation of motorized fork truck, loading/unloading truck, verifying counts, preparing shipments, transporting product from production areas, and other similar duties pertaining to shipping and receiving activities.
Duties require verbal communication abilities, visual acuity to written materials and to driving situations, manual coordination to operate fork truck. Visual acuity to written and computer screen data, and manual coordination and dexterity in the operation of office equipment.
Primary Job Functions:
- Operate motorized fork truck to move material and products throughout the facilities.
- Pick up finished and packaged product from the various production areas and transport to shipping.
- Verify counts and wrap pallets with plastic shrink wrap. Affix required tags and labels.
- Stage items for pick up by common carrier.
- Receive deliveries. Unload trucks. Verify counts and sign appropriate receiving documents.
- Place items into storage locations and notify appropriate personnel of receipt.
- Participate in Cycle Count Program as assigned.
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment. Report defective equipment or unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must have a Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience with IQMS preferred
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3-5 years in a warehouse/manufacturing setting (Preferred)
Education: High School (Required)