Our vision here at UrthPact is to help our customers to bridge the gap between their innovative product ideas and having scalable manufacturing solutions for their products. The Quality Inspector plays a key role in supporting this vision by maintaining our Quality Management systems and providing real time feedback to Manufacturing on the quality of our product. This position is assigned to both daytime and nighttime positions.
- To conduct start-up, in-process and final product quality sampling and inspections to ensure good quality product is manufactured and provided to customers.
- To release product in accordance with quality assurance requirements.
- To inspect and release critical raw material received for use in UrthPact products.
- To identify opportunities with quality management system elements, documentation and Safe Quality Food (SQF) regulatory requirements.
- To execute quality inspection reports and check-lists by noting quality defects and communicating this information to manufacturing and engineering technicians.
- To identify, contain and report on nonconforming product and raw materials to help minimize off specification product from being made.
- Completion of auditing documentation and checklists.
- Complete Certificate of Conformance or Certificate of Analysis requirements.
- Provide support to the manufacturing team as needed. Provide break relief to manufacturing team members. Support the supervisor on duty as needed.
- Other tasks as directed by Quality department management.
- Education and/or Experience Required at Entry
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Injection molding plastics and/ or measurement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Safe Quality Food requirements.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Proficient in the exchange of information and communication
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Ability to use measurement instruments (e.g. calipers, computerized dimensional measurement equipment).
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time and transport up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to keep work area organized and clean.