The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for shipping and receiving products used in the manufacturing of our products. He/she will coordinate and communicate with the Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing, and Quality and outside logistics partners to ensure raw materials and finished goods are shipped and received. This position will be focused on insuring timely deliveries.
- General shipping/receiving duties.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for the coordination of pick-up by the carrier specified on the customers purchase order.
- Generate and maintain electronic and manual filing systems accurately in accordance with standard quality and manufacturing procedures.
- Load and unload trucks as needed utilizing fork trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Manages the storage of raw and finished products in warehouse locations.
- Following the prescribed safety regulations, maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provide support to IMS Operations as needed.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Licensed forklift operator
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with IQMS or similar ERP system. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including, but not limited to, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Complete bills of lading, knowledge of various forms that are used and required my major freight carriers.
- Knowledge of UPS/FedEx online software.
- Ability to perform the following, but not limited to, tasks including interpretation of packing slips and accurate data entry into systems.
- Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Warehouse environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds