UrthPact is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance. Candidates should have a solid understanding of accrual-based accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, Microsoft Office suite, and have at least one to two years of related experience.
The Staff Accountant must be a problem solver with strong time management skills and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude. He or she must be a team player, resourceful, cost-conscious, efficient, motivated, enthusiastic, detail oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Staff Accountant will be a key member of a small Finance and Administrative staff, and be exposed to a wide range of accounting disciplines ranging from clerical, to highly analytical tasks.
Primary Job Functions:
- Ownership of accounts payable, including coding and entering vendor invoices into IQMS (our ERP system).
- Ownership of accounts receivable, including creating client billings, collections and recording/applying payments
- Ownership of cost accounting issues including reconciliation of perpetual inventory to GL
- Participating in the monthly financial close, including bank reconciliations, fixed assets, AR, AP and balance sheet reconciliations
- Suggesting areas for process improvements and taking an active role in developing, communicating and implementing these improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of accrual-based accounting and generally accepted accounting principles
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, demands, and deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and in teams
- Thrives in fast paced environments
- Strong problem-solving, identifying process errors, and providing solutions
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off