Leominster, MA, December 29, 2016 (Newswire.com) – Sustainable consumer goods company Preserve is teaming up with renewable plastics manufacturer UrthPact to provide a new line of environmentally-friendly single use cutlery for the in-store cafes of a major national organic grocery chain.
Paul Boudreau, CEO of UrthPact, LLC announced that his firm has been selected by Waltham, MA-based Preserve to manufacture a new line of single use cutlery made from recycled plastic, along with their dispensers. The new product line will be rolled out in a local six-store pilot program this January prior to the launch of a nationwide program March 1.
“We’re excited to be working with Preserve to launch this new line of earth-friendly cutlery manufactured entirely from recycled #5 plastic,” commented Paul Boudreau. “So much of this kind of plastic still ends up in landfills, so we’re doing everything we can to get it out of the waste disposal chain and recycle it for good use.”
Two Massachusetts Companies Team Up to Provide Plastic Cutlery Made From Recycled Polypropylene to National Organic Grocery ChainDecember 29th, 2016
- UrthPact Customer, Totally Green Bottles and Caps, Named a Finalist at the 2017 Bio-Based Innovations Awards
- Recycling and Composting at UMass Amherst: Getting Smarter About Waste
- Industrial Composting: What It Is and How It Works
- From Zero to Hero: Zero Waste Initiatives
- UrthPact, Preserve, and Totally Green Bottles and Caps Score at the Green Sports Alliance Summit